Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Intelligent Design

"never pick sides, never choose between two
but i just wanted you, i just wanted you
i think you're a contra
i think that you lie
don't call me contra
till you've tried"
-Vampire Weekend - 'I think you're a Contra'

The internet facilitates the spread of information and ideas faster than ever before. This rapid dissemination and digestion of information and ideas at times only seems to polarize people more than ever before.

It’s easy to list examples of topics that people are quick to take sides on. Whether its war in the Middle East, climate change, the economy, gun control, abortion, gay club nights, eating whale, or women's beach volleyball there are lots of people who have lots to say about this that and the other.

In an effort to do my part for the greater good I have done a lot of brainstorming about the troubles of the world and the issues that seem to isolate each one of us from our fellow brothers and sisters.

I have come up with an idea which on first glance might only seem to offer one solution for one issue. However I feel that when considered further this one idea offers a unique opportunity, a starting place as it were, to finally unite the right and the left, the religious and the non-believers, the discriminated and the privileged on an issue that in the end means so much to the fate of the planet.

Take a look and let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant! My TA agrees with me (we were reading this while invigilating a particularly boring exam).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The healing of the nations?. Seems there are lots of interesting articles on the subject.

    ReplyDelete