Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pumpkin Pull!


"The scene was rockin', all were digging the sounds Igor on chains, backed by his baying hounds The coffin-bangers were about to arrive With their vocal group, "The Crypt-Kicker Five" "
-The Monster Mash

Well the warm sun run we had at the beginning of October has finally given way to fall. This is kind of sad but we are due I figure. The autumn colours are in effect and when the sun peaks out from behind the clouds its quite beautiful in our fair city.

For whatever reason I haven't had much Leon Paints material ready for this month, but with Pumpkin Pull only a few days away lo and behold MS Paint and I started dating again.

Pumpkin Pull is Victoria's annual Halloween Ultimate (frisbee) tournament... teams from around the province and down south and up north come to Victoria to play ultimate for two days. They dress up, throw discs, throw up, and get down. It's a gay old time.

Each team chooses a theme to dress up in. Some themes from teams I've played on include:
  • Luchadores - Mexican wrestlers. We even built a ring! I was 'El Gato Volador'
  • Surgical Strike - dressed up as doctors in scrubs. the fireball stretcher was a favourite.
  • Cabaret - Everyone's finest cabaret wear. I was beautiful.
Usually I've done a quick mock-up of my potential outfit... I can't find my gato volador pic, but here is my cabaret one:




Faithful Leon Paints followers can see that my skills are rapidly improving.
This year's team is French Disc. Berets, baguettes, fromage... if it's French it's fair game. We are even putting antifreeze in the wine.

Here's this year's costume mock-up... get inspired!

4 comments:

  1. De l'antifreeze dans le vin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your skills are mad like french ulti

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB2Qwnk9jz0
    Handsome & Gorgeous Love Leon Paints

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that skit.

    Yelling out french words a la FOTC was a big part of motivational cheers during the tournament.

    ReplyDelete