Thursday, September 23, 2010

Stick it to the Man!

"Congrats to Georgda!"
-From all your friends

A second hand comment/observation about myself as a person was recently brought to my attention. Essentially, the comment concerned the duality of my nature as a human being.

I refer to my long lost university Arts One program days in suggesting that this duality aligns with themes of 'Reason vs Passion'. In more practical terms, one might describe it as thoughful analysis vs drunken stupour.

I am a libra which maybe explains (or justify?) these opposite behaviours. But I truly believe that these two opposites have a symbiotic relationship with each other.

The 'passion' helps me to let go of the stresses that arise from too much 'reason'. Conversely, the 'reason' reminds me to call for help instead of falling off a cliff when I've indulged in a little bit too much 'passion'.

Work and the rest of my life are kind of like that too. In alot of ways, work is about making money and putting a roof over your head etc... while the rest of life, for me anyways, is more about having fun, being active and experiencing different things.

But even at work there is the opportunity for both sides to make an appearance... and I think it's important that 'passion' gets to express itself in the workplace sometimes.

Here's one way I express the 'passion' side of myself at work...


No comments:

Post a Comment